Wanna get paid to help get out the vote? Become a Get Out the Vote Intern for $10/hour!
Ken Cuccinelli has been trying to interfere in our personal and private decisions from our bedrooms to our exam rooms, and we have 3 weeks left to make sure we keep Ken and his out-of-touch agenda out of the governor’s mansion. GOTV (Get Out The Vote) is the most exciting and fun part of any campaign. It is also so important to make sure people turn out to vote in a gubernatorial race, when a low turnout is unfortunately common. If you want to learn about grassroots campaigning and really make a difference- this is where need to be!
Interns who work in the advocacy department assist with grassroots organizing activities pertaining to reproductive health and choice issues. The intern will primarily be responsible for voter engagement through volunteer recruitment, canvassing, and phone banking within our coordinated campaign against AG Ken Cuccinelli. For more info on the campaign, go to: www.keepkenout.org
Interns must be willing to commit to 15 hours a week from October 21- November 5. Interns MUST be available to work Nov 2-Nov 5, especially.
Locations hiring: Northern VA, Richmond, Hampton, & Charlottesville
Stipend offered: $10 per hour
Applications are reviewed and processed on a rolling basis, so apply now before the program fills up.
- Identify and recruit volunteers via phone banking and canvassing.
- Complete data entry and management
- Establish regular communication with PP staff regarding voter engagement efforts
- Assist and manage/run volunteer events
- Provide assistance with other tasks as needed
- Support Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Willing to work long and irregular hours at times, including weekends (these will be pre-determined by you and the staffer with whom you work)
- Interested in people-centered, metrics-driven work
- Have reliable access to a computer with internet
- Personally organized
- Hard working
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork
- Outgoing, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and preferably own a car
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.